Tasmanian Fruit Wine and Cider Festival 3 March 2019
The Festival will allow the public to taste fruit wines, ciders and mead entered in the Australian Fruit Wine and Cider Show held on 22 Feb 2019.
Unlimited tasting by buying a tasting glass for $10
Short Talks and Demonstration Program
- 11:30am Cider Making – exploring the difference between making cider from dessert varieties and heritage varieties, including tasting with Adam D’Arcy from Willie Smiths’ Cider
- 12:00 Presentation of awards by Ald Heather Chong
Deputy Mayor Clarence City Council
- 12:15pm Luscious Liqueurs – Live demonstration on how to make a liqueur with Eileen Eaton
- 1pm Mean Meads – Learn the ancient art of transforming honey into a delicious alcoholic beverage with Peter Green of Mountain View Meadery
- 1:45pm Flavoursome Fruit Wines – Transforming a bountiful harvest of anything from berries and stone fruit to rhubarb and carrot into a refreshing wine with Arthur Clarke.
- 2:30pm Making Traditional European Liqueurs – the perfect fruity start or finish to your meals with Bob Hardy of Tasmanian Liqueurs
Music by Day Star Duo
Rosny College Buskers
Tom Hawkey – Singer Songwriter: worked in various theatre crew musicals and now part of the performing arts department at Rosny College.
Caleb Paine – Keyboardist – Part of the ensemble program at Rosny College and Studying UTAS Music with Randal Muir.
Rotary Club of Howrah Menu
BBQ sausages, burgers
Wine and Cider Tasting
Taste 170 fruit wines, ciders and meads in our tasting tent from Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and Tas.
Surges Bay Orchards
Willi Smith Cider
Many of our exhibitors are non-commercial producers so may not have wines to purchase. Listed here are our commercial suppliers. Contact them to find out where their wines and ciders may be purchased.
|FRUIT WINE AWARDS|
|Best Wine of Show||Stanley Walker||Quince Wine 2014|
|Best Berry Wine||Arthur Clarke||Tayberry Wine 2017|
|Best Stone Fruit||Michael Jaschenko||Apricot 2018|
|Best Pome Fruit||Stanley Walker||Quince 2014|
|Best Tropical/Citrus Fruit||Michael Jaschenko||Tamarillo Wine 2017|
|Best Mead||Darkes Brewing||Mallee Mead 2018|
|Best Sparkling Wine||Arthur Clarke||Strawberry 2018|
|Best Fortified Wine||Gordon and Jane Brown||Fortified Cherry 2018|
|Best Liqueur||Eileen Eaton||Raspberry 2019|
|Best Liqueur by an Amateur||Eileen Eaton||Raspberry 2019|
|Most Successful Amateur||Arthur Clarke|
|Most Successful Professional||MountainView Meadery/Peter Green|
|Best Traditional Cider||Willie Smiths||Kingston Black 2018|
|Best Traditional Perry||Franklin Cider Company||Perry 2018|
|Best New World Cider||Darkes Brewing||Darkes Dry 2018|
|Best New World Perry||Lost Pippin||Sparkling Pear 2018|
|Best Experimental with Fruit||Rusty Bike||Easy Rider 2 2018|
|Best Enthusiast||David Nelson|
|Best in Show||Willie Smiths||Kingston Black 2018|