Sandford Congregational Church

 

This weatherboard buliding on South Arm Road at Sandford is reputed to be the oldest Congregational Church building in Tasmania.   Recently the Rotary Club of Howrah upgraded the exterior of this building and have now taken over ownership of this site.  The Club will continue to maintain this building and site as a community service.

Sandford Congregational Chapel

The building is situated in the quiet countryside about 30 minutes from Hobart and it has a graveyard that is the resting place of many members of pioneer families.

 

 

Those buried there listed here

 

 

Sandford Congregational Church

The church was established in 1862 with land donated in August 1861 by Louis Beauvais. The Trustees of the church being Joseph Pedder, John Tollard and Francis Holmes.